In keeping with its vision and values, Standing Start Solutions is committed to maintaining the highest degree of ethical conduct amongst all personnel. To help increase understanding, this Code of Conduct details Standing Start Solutions expectations of personnel in key areas.
Scope and purpose
This Code of Conduct applies to all contracted personnel. The purpose of this Code of Conduct is to set out the conduct expected of Standing Start Solutions personnel whilst under contract to the organisation, and forms part of all contracts. The Code is applicable at all times. Breaches of the Code of Conduct are grounds for disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal.
Code of Conduct Standards
As a Standing Start Solutions personnel member I will:
Uphold the reputation of Standing Start Solutions by ensuring that my professional and personal conduct is consistent with Standing Start Solutions values and standards
- I will treat all people fairly with respect and dignity
- I will seek to ensure that my conduct does not bring Standing Start Solutions into disrepute and does not impact on or undermine my ability to undertake the role for which I am contracted
- I will not work under the influence of alcohol or drug use, or be in possession of, illegal substances on Standing Start Solutions premises
Not engage in abusive or exploitative conduct
- I will not exchange of money, employment, goods or services for sex, including sexual favours or other forms of humiliating, degrading or exploitative behaviour, is prohibited. This includes any exchange of assistance that is due to beneficiaries of assistance
- I will not engage in sexual relationships with beneficiaries of assistance, since they are based on inherently unequal power dynamics
- I will not physically assault a vulnerable adult
- I will not emotionally or psychologically abuse a vulnerable adult
Ensure the safety, health and welfare of all Standing Start Solutions personnel members and associated personnel (volunteers, participants and suppliers)
- I will adhere to all legal and organisational health and safety requirements in force at my location of work
- I will comply with any local security guidelines and be pro-active in informing management of any necessary changes to such guidelines
- I will behave in a manner such as to avoid any unnecessary risk to the safety, health and welfare of myself and others, with whom we work
Be responsible for the use of information, assets and resources to which I have access by reason of my employment with Standing Start Solutions
- I will ensure that I use Standing Start Solutions assets and resources entrusted to me in a responsible manner
- I will not use Standing Start Solutions IT equipment, software or e-mail and social media platforms to engage in activity that is illegal under local or international law or that encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence.
- I will not use Standing Start Solutions IT equipment to view, download, create, distribute or save in any format inappropriate or abusive material
Perform my duties and conduct my private life in a manner that avoids conflicts of interest
- I will declare any financial, personal or family (or close intimate relationship) interest in matters of official business which may impact on the work of Standing Start Solutions
- I will discuss before agreeing to being nominated as a prospective candidates or another official role for any political party
- I will not accept significant gifts or any remuneration from governments, communities with whom we work, donors, suppliers and other persons
- I will exercise due care in all matters of official business, and not divulge any confidential information relating to colleagues, work-related matters or any sensitive information unless legally required to do so
Complaints and reports
Standing Start Solutions personnel are obligated to bring to the attention of the manging director any potential incident, abuse or concern that they witness, are made aware of, or suspect which appears to breach the Standards contained in this Code.
Personnel members who have a complaint or concern relating to breach of the Code should report it immediately to the managing director.
- Alcohol, Drug and Smoking policy
- Complaints policy and procedures
- Equal opportunities policy
- GDPR policy
- Health and Safety in the Workplace policy
- IT & Data policy
- Safeguarding policy
In accepting my appointment, I undertake to discharge my duties and to regulate my conduct in accordance with the requirements of this Code