Between 2019 – 2021 the site will host a major pilot programme for the Welsh Government testing the viability of combining woodland regeneration with the use of volunteers drawn from the Emergency Services and Veterans of Gwent who are recovering from trauma related
- Help the participants recover in a safe calm environment overseen by a high quality team of clinicians, therapists and woodland skills instructors
- Provide training to recognised professional standards which will increase employment opportunities in Forestry related jobs such as tree surgery, horse logging, drystone walling and crafts
- Increase the health of the woodlands timber stock and bio diversity with a well managed work schedule involving thinning, coppicing, tree planting and under storey care
- Develop a sustainable funding structure involving sponsored participant bursaries, craft sales and charitable grants
- Develop a tested and evaluated business model which can be replicated elsewhere in Wales by small woodland owners.